San Diego County Waterfront Park Completion
PMA is pleased to announce the completion of the new San Diego County Waterfront Park. The project entailed the transformation of an 8 acre parking lot located on the north and south sides of the historic County Administration Center into a large 12 acre bayfront park and underground parking structure, making it the largest open waterfront space in downtown San Diego. A ribbon cutting ceremony was held last month by County officials to commemorate the completion of the $49.4 million redevelopment, which features civic greens, plaza and terraces, promenades, themed gardens, a children’s play area, and an 830 foot-long interactive water fountain, equipped with 31 jets and serving as a splashing area for children.
- 12 Acre Bayfront Park
- 251 Car Underground Parking Structure
- 830 Foot-Long Interactive Water Fountain
- 218 Newly Planted Trees
- Public Restroom & Concession Facility
- Client: County of San Diego Dept. of General Services
- Design-Build Contractor: McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Concept Architect: Hargreaves Associates
- Architect of Record: SGPA Architecture and Planning
- Landscape Architect: Schmidt Design Group, Inc.
- Project Manager: Project Management Advisors, Inc.